Saturday, July 28, 2012

4th of July


Over the past year, I have thought a lot about how important it is to develop and nurture close relationships. One of the things that I have done to show family and friends that I care is to make them cards for holidays and birthdays. With Independence Day and the beginning of the Olympics this month, I have been feeling particularly patriotic so here are some red, white and blue cards:

I used the Paper Studio embossing folder for the background blue and to create texture on the red star. A medium sized star punch created the perfect sized stars for this card, which are attached to the paper with foam adhesive squares. Also, do you see how the picture I took is distorted? I learned that when you hold a lower quality camera really close to something, it does that.


This card seems pretty self explanatory. I did want to point out that "Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness" is not a stamp. With a limited scrapbooking fund, I often use my own computer to design and print messages and pictures rather than running to the store to buy stamps or stickers.

No comments: