Friday, July 27, 2012

I am NOT a Scrapbooker

It all started when my mom practically forced me into the scrapbooking world. She took me to the craft store and bought me everything I needed to make a scrapbook for my daughter. Even though I never really considered myself to be a crafty person, I figured that, if I was going to make a scrapbook, I might as well do it right. So I took a free beginner scrapbooking class. And that's how it all began....

I worked really hard on that book, learning the "rules" of good visual composition, and vowing the entire time that I would never scrapbook again after it was finished. I enjoyed the time I spent working on the book, but I didn't want to pick up another hobby. I already had too many!

Well, here I am - more than a year later - and somehow I never stopped scrapping. I have found that I like making cards a whole lot more than I like scrapbooking. I promise I am not going to scrapbook my kids' entire lives. But I do enjoy a little bit of creativity now and then. I even do the occasional sewing project. So, here is my new blog. I am creating it mostly so my mom can see the cards and projects I have been working on, but who knows where I will take it in the future.

No comments: