Thursday, September 6, 2012

Use the Computer

Crafting on a Budget: Tip #4

Even though stamps are a pretty big deal in the card making and scrapbooking world, you can actually make a lot of really cute cards without using them. See, the biggest problem with stamps is that you have to buy a new set for every single occasion... and buy several different colors and types of ink to match all of your different projects... and maybe buy embossing ink and a special little heat embossing tool... and sometimes even buy special punches so that you can cut out the shapes that you just stamped without having to use scissors... and then find a place to store everything.

So, if you are like me and don't have any stamps, you can create some of the cutest cards by simply using Microsoft Word, the internet, and maybe even Photoshop (if you decide to get really fancy). Because Word has so many different fonts, colors, clipart, and other options, you can create a lot of your own sentiments and size them perfectly. Just print them out on white or cream-colored cardstock and you are good to go. Every single sentiment that I have ever used is either a sticker (bought at 40% off, of course), or straight from the computer.

For Father's Day this year, I got my husband a motorcycle (that's how much I saved on scrapbooking supplies...jk) and I wanted to make him a matching motorcycle card. I found a card that I liked on the internet. She used a motorcycle stamp. All I did was google "motorcycle clip art" and look through the images until I found one that I liked. Maybe it took a few minutes more than a stamp would have, but it was free and I had complete control over the color and size of the image.



No comments: